Today, the Bureau of Governmental Research announces its 2019 officers and board members. BGR’s 31-person board of directors held its first meeting of the year on January 22. In that meeting, the board approved an annual work plan to guide the organization’s research, analysis and reporting on public policy issues for the year to come. The board members look forward to another year of working with BGR’s research team on issues that advance BGR’s goal of informed public policy making, the effective use of public resources and the improvement of local government in the New Orleans metropolitan area.
Officers of the Board of Directors for the 2019 year are:
- Ludovico Feoli, Chair
- Norma Grace, Vice Chair
- H. Merritt Lane, III, Secretary
- Maureen Clary, Treasurer
- Nathalie G. Simon, Assistant Secretary
- Anne Baños, Assistant Treasurer
BGR’s board of directors welcomed three new members, who will serve for a three-year term beginning in 2019. The new directors are:
- Tara Adams, Director of Marketing and Social Innovation, Women’s Business Enterprise Council
- Gary L. Lorio, Executive Vice President, Senior Regional President, Hancock Whitney Bank
- Jennifer Roberts, Executive Director, New Orleans Early Education Network
In addition, five directors have begun a second, three-year term. They are:
- Charmaine Caccioppi, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- Leah N. Engelhardt, Partner, Chaffe McCall L.L.P.
- Todd McDonald, Vice President of Strategy and Board Member, Liberty Bank
- Melissa Sawyer, Co-Founder & Executive Director/CEO, Youth Empowerment Project
- Steven W. Usdin, Founding Member of Barrasso Usdin Kupperman Freeman & Sarver, L.L.C.
These board members are joined by returning members Christine Albert, Susan G. Brennan, Kelly R. Brown, Andrea Chen, Jaimmé A. Collins, Hardy B. Fowler, Louis M. Freeman, Jr., Alex Gershanik, Hunter Hill, Andrew R. Lee, Martin Mayer, Jennifer Medbery, Jennifer M. Neil, Slade Simons, Blake J. Stanfill, Larry Washington and Dennis Woltering.
BGR’s President and CEO, Amy Glovinsky, stated that BGR’s board is an essential component of the organization’s success. “BGR board members contribute significantly to our work and its effectiveness,” Glovinsky said. “We have tremendous gratitude for their dedication and service and are excited to embark on this year’s work under their thoughtful guidance.”
Read the media release here.
Click here to learn more about BGR’s board members and their work in the New Orleans area.