The Bureau of Governmental Research (BGR) today announced the appointment of four new members to its board of directors and the election of the board’s officers for the 2020 year.
The board’s newly elected members, who will serve for a three-year term beginning in 2020, include:
- Vanessa Claiborne, President and CEO of Chaffe & Associates, Inc.
- Jessie Haynes, Managing Director of The Helis Foundation
- Graham Ralston, New Orleans Market President and Commercial Banking Executive for Regions Bank
- Charles West, President of Square Button Consulting
Officers of the board for 2020 are:
- Ludovico Feoli, Chair
- Norma Grace, Vice Chair
- Merritt Lane, III, Secretary
- Maureen Clary, Treasurer
- Kelly R. Brown, Assistant Secretary
- Anne P. Baños, Assistant Treasurer
The following directors have begun a second, three-year term:
- Anne P. Baños, Deputy Director, New Orleans Museum of Art
- Andrea Chen, Executive Director & co-Founder, Propeller
- Louis M. Freeman, Jr., Entrepreneur/angel investor and advisor
- Alex Gershanik, President, The Power Courses
- Andrew R. Lee, Partner, Jones Walker
- Jennifer Medbery, Founder, Kickboard
- Jennifer M. Neil, General Counsel, Pool Corporation
- Larry Washington, President, Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans, Inc.
These board members are joined by returning members Tara Adams, Christine Albert, Susan G. Brennan, Charmaine Caccioppi, Leah N. Engelhardt, Hardy B. Fowler, Hunter G. Hill, Gary L. Lorio, Todd McDonald, Jennifer Roberts, Melissa Sawyer, Blake J. Stanfill, Steven W. Usdin and Dennis Woltering.
“We are tremendously grateful to our Board for its significant contributions to our work. Board members provide thoughtful guidance on our reports and strategic insight on our organization’s effectiveness,” said BGR President & CEO Amy Glovinsky. “We are excited to welcome four new Board members and look forward to another productive year of informing the public policy dialogue toward more effective local government.”
To learn more about BGR’s board members and their work in the New Orleans area, please visit our website at https://www.bgr.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.