Through the support of our members, the Bureau of Governmental Research helps citizens to stay informed and engage effectively in local public policy. BGR also finds ways in which local governments in the New Orleans area can deliver more effective outcomes for the citizens they serve. Because BGR’s mission requires nonpartisanship and independence, we do not seek government contracts. Support for our work must come from members of our community: individuals, foundations, and corporations. BGR is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and your membership contribution is tax-deductible. Click below to become a member, renew your membership, or give a BGR membership to someone else:
President’s Gathering of Community Leaders (by invitation)
Membership by invitation to participate in a biannual gathering with BGR’s President and civic and community leaders representing key non-profit, charitable, educational and community organizations throughout the greater New Orleans area. The gathering will serve to inform BGR’s President about key policy issues of concern to the community. It will also serve as a channel for the President to inform community leaders about BGR initiatives and priorities and to obtain their feedback and perspective.
Sustainers’ Circle ($25,000+)
All benefits of President’s Roundtable, plus:
- Prominent recognition at the BGR Annual Luncheon, one Annual Luncheon table and exclusive participation in any small group gatherings with the Annual Luncheon speaker. (* Subject to change based on public health and safety protocols.)
- Exclusive invitation to the Annual President’s Forum, a small group policy discussion with BGR’s President and senior research staff.
President’s Roundtable ($10,000+)
All benefits of Editor’s Frontline, plus:
- Exclusive invitation to the annual President’s Update and Work Plan Presentation, where BGR’s President and senior research staff will explain BGR’s current work, provide a preview of research topics on the horizon, and invite roundtable discussion.
Editor’s Frontline ($5,000+)
All benefits of Municipal Monitor, plus:
- Advance receipt of PolicyWatch, BGR’s periodic commentary on current policy events pertaining to existing BGR work.
- Inclusion of corporate logo in donor listing on the BGR website and visibility in published materials, webinars and forums, through physical or online banners and listings.
Municipal Monitor ($2,500+)
All benefits of Policy Enthusiast, plus:
- Invitation to annual With Gratitude, a celebration of BGR’s funders and a first look at the new work plan.
Policy Enthusiast ($1,250+)
All benefits of Research Corps, plus:
- Advance receipt of The Daily Dispatch, BGR’s weekday roundup of news articles on key public policy issues.
Research Corps ($600+)
All benefits of BGR Supporter, plus:
- Invitation to PubPolicy and other gatherings, whether in person or virtual, where BGR discusses the issues of the day in a casual setting.
BGR Supporter ($250+)
Advance notice of BGR Breakfast Briefings, plus:
- Public recognition of support on the BGR website.
- Digital copies of all BGR reports and releases.
- Membership in a nationally-recognized governmental research organization, with an established record of improving local government.
Welcome Rate ($100+) A BGR Supporter introductory rate for new BGR members
BGR Young Advocate ($30+)
- An introductory rate for young professionals and students. Member benefits are the same as BGR Supporter, plus: Invitation to BGR Social, a Board and Membership networking event.