News concerning BGR
2005 BGR Awards
Jun 21, 2005
The BGR Excellence in Government Awards 2005 will be presented at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 30, at a breakfast hosted by Loews New Orleans Hotel. Established in 1994, this annual program makes cash awards of up to $1,000 to government employees who have significantly improved local government service.
This year’s honorees are:
- Dr. Michael Carroll, Assistant Director, Mosquito & Termite Control, City of New Orleans
- Karen R. Doyle, Principal, CT Janet Elementary, Jefferson Parish Public Schools
- Mary “Mikie” Ehret, Deputy Superintendent, Jefferson Parish Public Schools
- B.B. St. Roman, Executive Director, Homeless Assistance Collaborative, New Orleans Police Department
- St. Tammany Parish Court Criminal Division Customer Service Specialists
- St. Tammany Parish Department of Finance Staff
The awards will be presented in three categories: the Hibernia National Bank Keller Awards, the BellSouth Lifetime Achievement Awards, and the Latter & Blum Merit Awards.